"One Community; Respect for All"
QUITMAN COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Wash your hands
Stand within 6 feet from each other
121 Main St. Georgetown, GA 39854
Office (229) 334-3726 Fax (229) 334-0905
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
Everyone loves a good scare on Halloween, but not when it comes to child safety.
• Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
• Look left, right, and left again when crossing and keep looking as you cross.
• Put electronic devices down, keep your heads up, and walk; don’t run across the street.
• Teach children to make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
• Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible. Children should walk on direct routes with the fewest street crossings.
• Watch for cars that are turning or backing up. Teach children never to dart out into the street or cross between parked cars.
Drive Extra Safely on Halloween
• Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited about Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
• Take extra time to look for kids at intersections, medians, and curbs.
• Enter and exit driveways and alleys slowly and carefully.
• Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
• Drive slowly, anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic, and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children from greater distances.